Yes, you read it right! My husband and I got our multiple entry visas for free and we save Php3600 each. On top of that, we don’t need to submit ITR. So here’s the details on how to avail this amazing perks made possible by BDO and BPI.
- You need to have BDO and BPI Credit Card to avail this privilege. And not just any BDO or BPI Card you need to have GOLD or ELITE card for BDO and GOLD and PLATINUM for BPI cardholders.
- You are exempted from submitting Bank Certificate and ITR(Income Tax Return) when applying but you still need to comply with other basic requirements.
- Passport with extended validity is not accepted since their system does not recognize this extension. Though some countries accept this extended PH passport (we’ve used this in my previous travel) still we don’t have a choice but to reapply for a new passport since we’re holding an extended PH passport.
- Gold Cardholder gets 3 years multiple entry visas while Elite and Platinum holder can enjoy up to 5 years.
What are the basic requirements needed?
- Download and accomplish the SK Visa Application Form – Click the link for the SK Visa Application Form
- 1 piece of Passport size colored picture (Please attach on the application form)
- Original Passport with 6 months validity.
- Photocopy of Passport Bio-page (page 2)
- Original & Copy of Valid Visas and arrival stamps to OECD member countries for the past 5 years (IF ANY)
- For Employees – Original Employment Certificate
- For Businessman/Self Employed – Business Registration from SEC or DTI (Copy) and Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit(Copy)
Same steps as the usual for application and releasing
2.1. Be at the embassy before 8:30 am any day from Monday to Friday. Submission of Visa application is strictly implemented from 8:30 am to 11 am only on weekdays. Applicants who will arrive after 10:30 am may not be accommodated.
- Address: 122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City 1634, Philippines
- Tel : (63-2) 856-9210
- Fax : (63-2) 856-9008
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and or email@example.com (Consular Section)
2.2. Get a pass and log in. Make sure you have an extra valid ID to secure a gate pass without ID you cannot enter the embassy premises.
2.3. Get a number at the Front Desk. Read the Signs and ask for the proper number to make sure that you’re lining in the right window to avoid hassles.
2.4. Wait for your number to be called and avoid using mobile phones.
2.5. Submit the application form together with the documents and wait for the claiming slip that is handed after checking your complete requirements. NOTE: Family applications should be filed together at the same window, at the same time. A representative may file the visa applications of all family members.
2.6. Log out, Surrender your Pass and get your ID.
TIP: Paste your photo on your application form, remove any paper clips and arrange your documents according to their preferences this will save you a lot and show them respect by greeting them a simple Good Morning! A complete requirement doesn’t guarantee approval.
3. Releasing Visa
The easiest of the three steps, Visa processing and issuance takes 5 working days for first-time travelers and 3 working days for frequent travelers. But this may vary depending on the consul’s decision. Releasing time is strictly implemented from 1:30 PM to 4 PM only so make sure you will be there earlier than releasing time.
3.1. Get an entry pass same as what you did in the submission process.
3.2. Get a number, show your claiming stub at the front desk, this is to validate the right window where you’ll get your visa .
3.3. Wait for your number to be called – Avoid using mobile phone inside the embassy!
3.4. Once called, give the claiming stub and they will hand you your passport. It’s either Approved or Denied. If they have question or they need to ask something an on-the-spot interview will be conducted.
3.5. When you get your visa, make sure to double check the details on it, your name, passport number and the other entries on your visa. So you can still have time to change it if you find any discrepancy.
3.6. Log out, surrender the pass and Get your ID.
To tell you the truth, we got our visa on the date of our flight just right on time, If we were delayed for some good few minutes then we’re doom since the visa were released 2:30 and our flight was around 4pm.
Please note that on your visa, you can find the issue dates on it, the final entry or the last day that you can enter the country and the Period of Sojourn or the number of days you’re allowed to stay in South Korea. Sorry I just need to block-out some information for privacy purposes.
For Regular Visa Application CLICK HERE. As per Korean Embassy website, There is no expedite processing and Apply for visa prior to purchasing your airline tickets since visa issuance is subject for approval of the consul in charge.